Artworks, races

Coordinator
Nov 17, 2011 at 7:59 PM

You can link your artworks here.

Editor
Nov 18, 2011 at 7:41 PM

Hey I'm F4celessShopps from Deviantart, I'll try to do some concepts whenever I can. 

if you are looking for anything specific that you have planned for the game other than what's mentioned, shoot me a email. and I'll look into it.

I can also translate the game to Norwegian if you would like that. 

Coordinator
Nov 18, 2011 at 8:50 PM

Thank you for your help! :)

If you mean plans for races, it is up to you artists. I think we will have player races with animal features, but if we have anything concrete, I will add it to the races wiki page.

For the translation, if more Norwegian people want to have it translated, I think it can worth the work. But I think english is ok for almost everybody too.

Editor
Nov 21, 2011 at 9:04 PM
Edited Nov 22, 2011 at 7:17 AM

http://0o2471.net/33979

Dunno what it is, but it's evil and spiky. 

This is just a early idea I have, I'll try to experiment with this and make different versions and then decide on a single creature to improve on. what I need from you people are feedback.

gameplay wise I was thinking of a mud-creature juggernaut/tank that have spikes. so you can't attack it without using magic to deal with the spikes and then attack it.

Still early idea tho.

Coordinator
Nov 22, 2011 at 8:02 AM

Very good. ;) I just thought mud is less angled, but it's only my opinion.

And why can't I attack spikes? I think it's harder to attack mud, your sword can stuck there. :P

And you give me an idea: we could create some enemies, that also cannot be attacked without magic, because they don't really have a material body. So if you are specaliezed to physical attacks you'll need some specific spells for them.

Editor
Nov 22, 2011 at 9:28 AM

Like i said, early sketch/concept. it's a creature that is made out of mud and is magically standing up like that. i have a few more variations of it in mind. I'm at work right now tho.

Maybe use flames or brute force to break the spikes, and then use a freezing spell to make it solid and then smash it. make it a challenge to defeat.

Also, for enviroments a plot would help alot.

Coordinator
Nov 22, 2011 at 10:10 AM

Yap, we are looking for story writers, too.

But if I would have some time, I'll add my own ideas to the story, races, etc.

Editor
Nov 22, 2011 at 5:55 PM

http://0o2471.net/33998

I developed the mud creature some.

Coordinator
Nov 22, 2011 at 8:29 PM

I like them! :) Especially the second and the third. :)

What are these metal thingies at their face btw? Are they half robots?

Editor
Nov 22, 2011 at 8:46 PM

more like they are controlled by enchanted objects, like demons. I advertised some via Deviantart so check for new notes every now and then.

How many different creatures would you need? are the game linear or open world? 

Coordinator
Nov 22, 2011 at 9:19 PM

I check every day for notes, thanks for the advertising! ;) You are a great help for this project!

I need player characters first. At least one. But I hope, there will be 4-6 at the end.

For the enemies, we'll need more of them. I didn't want to make the game linear, there may be a main q line, but it would be better without it. I just have more fun with open world games. :)

But we will use the resources we have. I hope there will be more helpers if the project would be more mature and we would have some nice videos on youtube. ;)

Editor
Nov 23, 2011 at 7:11 AM

How close to human can the player races be? Swords are designed to work well with humanoids. So I was thinking of designing various anthro figures for player characters.

Coordinator
Nov 23, 2011 at 9:19 AM

Yes, the characters must be humanoids. But for example draenei are not so close to humans, but they can do everything humans can. Sample picture

So anthro will definitely do. My ideas were: wolf features, leopard features, a dragon-like humanoid, and we could create some new races as well.

Editor
Nov 23, 2011 at 10:18 AM

Ok, we are on the same page then.

Developer
Nov 30, 2011 at 8:02 AM
Edited Nov 30, 2011 at 8:04 AM

Hi Guys :)

How about a shapeshifting race? Not in a werewolfway, but with several forms?

Like for example a gaya-race that can be all those animallike humanoids (limited to 4 at any time e.g.) but their actual true form is hidden from others?

That would keep the dragon equally interesting compared to other races.

Nov 30, 2011 at 8:15 AM

"limited to 4 at any time" Although cool, this would quadruple the work for 1 character (4 models/4 animation rigs/4 sets of movement, attack, reaction animtions etc.)

Better to make 4 characters for the effort that it would take to make 1 shapeshifter ?

Developer
Nov 30, 2011 at 8:48 AM

i'm having connectionproblems with this site 

let's type it for the 3rd time now:

It was just an idea that came up and yeah i thought about the quadrupling work on the shapeshifter. 4 is just a number make it 2 (plus the 3rd gaya-form that doesn't really have to be shown) and the feature's still cool :)

I'd prefer 3 outstanding character races over 6 consisting of 4 that are hardly equal (werewolf, wildcats and so on)

Coordinator
Nov 30, 2011 at 8:05 PM

We discussed it, and we don't use this idea for now. But it is very interesting.

It would be too hard to implement, and we have so much to do. If we set the scope too big, we will fail. This is always so.

Coordinator
Dec 4, 2011 at 11:14 AM

While i was coming up with a story, i thought it would be nice if in the beginning you lose your travelling partner, and as he sitting there covered in blood he gives you his medal or necklace of some sort, to take it back to his village. The idea about his race would be that they can only become an adult if they complete a task, and a ritual, after that they receive this medal, and as of then they count as adult, with full rights in the tribe. They would take this very seriously, anybody who doesnt have a medal will count as a child and this task they are given to get it is their most important point in their life. It is a tradition if they die, that their amulet or anything gets returned to the village. They could also receive it with a rune put on it, and they get the rune that is representing their way of doing things. There could be some side quest made around this tribe, like returning the amulet, helping a young one getting his amulet, killing a bad one who is killing in the woods because he never got the medal and so on. If this idea is good, i will write the quests in the story section, and try to come up with specifics about the race itself.

Coordinator
Dec 4, 2011 at 11:33 AM

At the begininng you shoud make some tutorials so that the player can learn to use the swords, the fight system, the rune system, etc. You have to make some story line around these tutorials. The game will be not easy, so you have to make good tutorials.

Speak with Nervi about this, he had this idea, and I totally agree with him. But later, we can build your idea in the story line too.

Coordinator
Dec 4, 2011 at 11:47 AM

This wont be the first quest. This is given to you, and you can fulfill it later in the game. In the beginning i was thinking moving around the starter city can teach you movement, and then a rat problem (please let the first quest be a rat quest) will teach you how to use your swords. This could also teach you how to throw a fireball of some sort, like having a rat on the other side of a huge gap, but it is trouble, so you need to shoot it. But knowing what kind of moves will be available in battle is needed to make these tutorials.

Coordinator
Dec 4, 2011 at 12:25 PM

First of all, you wont get all the runes at first. And the first rune you learn wont be the fire rune. And please, could we have some other q than rat for first? :)

Coordinator
Dec 4, 2011 at 8:38 PM

Of course you dont. I was thinking about a pretty basic standard stuff just to grasp the whole feeling of the magic system. Just an idea: how about someone has something on the roof and you cant reach it, but you could shoot it, and it would fall down? :)

Developer
Dec 4, 2011 at 9:59 PM
Edited Dec 4, 2011 at 10:06 PM

or you just have to prove that you're even worth to learn rune mastery by drawing a rune onto sth. in a distance (this might be something static or inorganic too) before receiving your first sword(s)

Coordinator
Dec 4, 2011 at 10:04 PM

Nervi: I like your idea! ;)

Editor
Dec 18, 2011 at 1:46 AM
Edited Dec 18, 2011 at 1:52 AM

picture

Full size here

So I was doing a forest concept, but I wanted to include a character for size reference, I got carried away with it and colored it. the rest of the pic is unfinished.

I post it because I want to know what direction we are going with character design. this is mostly  furry Skyrim style.

Coordinator
Dec 18, 2011 at 4:10 AM

This is a good direction. I just want it to be a little bit more animal-like. (The hair could be rather a mane. a bit thicker body etc...)

But man, this is good work! Keep up! :D

Editor
Dec 18, 2011 at 1:14 PM
Darress wrote:

This is a good direction. I just want it to be a little bit more animal-like. (The hair could be rather a mane. a bit thicker body etc...)

But man, this is good work! Keep up! :D

K, thanks for the feedback.

Keep in mind that this is a female, but yeah I could go with the mane part instead of hair.

The males will be more muscular.

Coordinator
Dec 18, 2011 at 2:03 PM

Very good! :)

Editor
Dec 18, 2011 at 3:51 PM

Looks good, maybe a bit more aggressive looking animalraces, it looks a bit like these manga/anime cat things...but nice work :D

Coordinator
Dec 18, 2011 at 4:00 PM

And I think if would be the best, if the creatures wouldnt wear clothes. (Or just very minimal, and not human-like clothes.)

Editor
Dec 18, 2011 at 4:20 PM

hmm.. I think it depends on the creature...but I think all creatures with fur don't need THAT much clothes :P

Editor
Dec 18, 2011 at 5:28 PM

since Ra1n have trouble producing stuff I'll focus more on characters. and I'll make a few sketches with various amounts of clothes. maybe not now but eventually.

Coordinator
Dec 18, 2011 at 5:35 PM

Ok, cant wait to see more variation! ;)

Editor
Dec 18, 2011 at 7:16 PM

I did some kind of creature, dunno if it's a player race or another race...

Coordinator
Dec 18, 2011 at 7:21 PM

I wouldn't choose a pig for myself, if I'd play our game, but excelent art for a non-player race! :)

Editor
Dec 19, 2011 at 3:01 PM

I made a concept for a troll..not reeeeaaly happy with his look but anyway...

Coordinator
Dec 19, 2011 at 5:38 PM

Haha, nice one. Your art is great.

I personally want to go in the direction of animal/monster-like creatures. (Like in Avatar, WoW Outland, etc)

Editor
Dec 19, 2011 at 6:25 PM
Darress wrote:

Haha, nice one. Your art is great.

Thanks, but I'm still practising....

With Wow outland you mean these arakkoas and all these things? And these banshees etc from avatar?

I think I could agree with that, but we have a few creature who are able to craft swords etc...BTW, do we need concepts for swords? :D

Coordinator
Dec 19, 2011 at 8:30 PM

Yap, we'll need concept for sword too! :) But creatures are more important for now. We already have a sword, I can work with it.

Editor
Dec 19, 2011 at 8:37 PM

Maybe I have some sword concepts I did earlier, I have to look in my artfolder....what kind of creature are most important?the player race/s or enemys?or a npc for something?

Editor
Dec 19, 2011 at 8:43 PM

A hedgehog with a serious boost

randomly made this months ago. thought it could be of use here.

Editor
Dec 19, 2011 at 8:45 PM

wow, nice design, I like it^^

Coordinator
Dec 20, 2011 at 12:58 AM

Me too! Great!

Coordinator
Dec 20, 2011 at 8:53 AM

draw1

This is a panda king, ruthless and spoiled by his power. Bad bad person. :P

draw2

And this one is a desert lizard, its like a bandit, cowers its face with cloth to look more merciless.

Editor
Dec 20, 2011 at 10:15 AM

the panda reminds me of the new WoW, but I realy like this desert lizard.....

Coordinator
Dec 20, 2011 at 10:34 AM

I dont really play wow. Is there a character like that? If so, then forget this one, anyway i just draw it for fun :P

Editor
Dec 20, 2011 at 11:02 AM
bonyg wrote:

I dont really play wow. Is there a character like that? If so, then forget this one, anyway i just draw it for fun :P

Me neither, but I know a new expansion pack called "mists of Pandaria" are coming soon.

great drawings. I like the poses and clothing.

Editor
Dec 20, 2011 at 11:21 AM

I made these little weak forest creature who needs help against the trolls :D

They are really small (about 10-20cm), are friendly, can feel the forest and life on giant trees. They can combine themselves to one giant creature, in this form they want to protect their forest...

Coordinator
Dec 20, 2011 at 12:14 PM

There you go. :P creature

Editor
Dec 20, 2011 at 12:34 PM

Would it be possible to make it more fluid/Gelly like? looks kinda like hard plastic.

/constructivecritics

Editor
Dec 20, 2011 at 12:36 PM

This was exactly what I wanted to ask^^ Maybe an animated texture so these points and stripes are moving and some kind of glowing?

His body is a bit flat....but nice work^^

Coordinator
Dec 20, 2011 at 4:22 PM

Just like in Mononoke (and maybe some other Miyazaki films)... :D

Editor
Dec 20, 2011 at 4:32 PM
Darress wrote:

That was my inspiration :D I love these films^^

Editor
Dec 20, 2011 at 4:59 PM
Darress wrote:

that was a fine movie. I saw the reference instantly.

Editor
Dec 20, 2011 at 5:08 PM
F4celess wrote:I saw the reference instantly

Hmm...maybe that's not so good :/

Coordinator
Dec 20, 2011 at 5:39 PM
Edited Dec 20, 2011 at 5:40 PM

Its obvious. :P At least for Miyazaki fans.

And I think it doesnt really fit in our world.

Editor
Dec 20, 2011 at 5:59 PM

Yeah forget that one, I just wanted to draw it^^

Editor
Dec 20, 2011 at 6:39 PM
Edited Dec 20, 2011 at 8:19 PM

wolf man thing.

(updated picture)

(update 2, adjusted eyes)

Editor
Dec 20, 2011 at 7:26 PM

Nice again, would be a good player race...I think the eyes have to be smaller, in my opinion they have to look more aggressive.

Editor
Dec 20, 2011 at 8:20 PM
Shyralon wrote:

Nice again, would be a good player race...I think the eyes have to be smaller, in my opinion they have to look more aggressive.

look at it now.

Eyes are the best way to show expressions. too bad I suck at drawing faces...

Editor
Dec 20, 2011 at 8:32 PM

Yeah, much better^^

Coordinator
Dec 21, 2011 at 1:28 AM

Okay, so here is my first try on a forest wolf model and textures.

Wolf

Coordinator
Dec 21, 2011 at 8:49 AM

Great model, but the textures are not the best. You shall give it to VinnieMc what he can do with the textures. :P

Make the thigh a bit thicker, more mascular. Same for the upper arm.

And we should make some modifications to the head. It is very important that the head looks very nice.

But great work overall!!! Congrats!

Editor
Dec 21, 2011 at 9:29 AM
bonyg wrote:

Okay, so here is my first try on a forest wolf model and textures.

Wolf

Maybe less shiny and plastic-ish. but I like it. if you make it more ragged and furry. on top of a new texture. experimenting always helps.

Editor
Dec 21, 2011 at 9:46 AM

I don't like the head. but the rest is nice :D

Coordinator
Dec 21, 2011 at 10:22 AM

The texture is only temporal, and he made this without a proper reference! (He can do exact works, if he has front and side view references.)

For first try, it's pretty good!

Editor
Dec 21, 2011 at 10:28 AM

Yeah, I didn't dsay it's not good :D Better than all models I tried to make^^ I totally fail at organic modeling....

Editor
Dec 22, 2011 at 11:15 AM

Heres a first concept for the witch...I made him male and more like a druidlike witch, his face is only a placeholder because I can't draw faces...His feets are covered in fog which follows him while walking... He's feared by the villagers but not really evil, so he decides to help the hero...

Coordinator
Dec 22, 2011 at 11:38 AM

I would prefer some more innocent being. :P

But nice art, we can use it for something else.

Editor
Dec 22, 2011 at 12:25 PM

okay, I made him a normal human^^

Again, his face is just a placeholder...

Coordinator
Dec 22, 2011 at 3:23 PM

Him? He was actually a she in the original story. :P

Although your art is great, I think she could be friendlier. :P But I really like your concept! :) He could be the one who stole the sword. :P

Editor
Dec 22, 2011 at 6:06 PM

I made him to a male because all females I draw look somehow like a male :D

he/she/whatever could look more friendly with a real face...maybe... :D

Coordinator
Dec 22, 2011 at 6:09 PM
Shyralon wrote:

Probably ^^

I also like the first concept. Not for the witch, but someone else. i like that foggy part. The second concept for the witch looks good. I would propably add a staff though ^^

Editor
Dec 22, 2011 at 6:28 PM

ups :d forgot the staff^^

Editor
Dec 22, 2011 at 11:02 PM
Edited Dec 22, 2011 at 11:39 PM
Evo_Kaer wrote:
Shyralon wrote:

Probably ^^

I also like the first concept. Not for the witch, but someone else. i like that foggy part. The second concept for the witch looks good. I would propably add a staff though ^^

I'm trying to give the witch a friendlier tone by revealing the head. going for a Owl like person. owls are typically wise characters in stories and lore.

(Edit)

Large here

this is just the sketch, I'll make it more detailed and painterly like the Wolf later.

Coordinator
Dec 23, 2011 at 7:16 AM

Nice work, she is just a bit too thin.

And artist guys, we should distribute the tasks so you wont compete.

Editor
Dec 23, 2011 at 10:40 AM

Jepp, F4celess do you want to make mostly creatures/humans/whateverlivingthings or enviroment?

Coordinator
Dec 23, 2011 at 10:54 AM
Edited Dec 23, 2011 at 10:58 AM

Shyralon:

Can you please make a front view and a side view concept about this creature (of course without the sword)?
The two views should be on one page, like this (without the heads). It is very important, that the sizes are the some on both views.

F4celess:

Can you do the same with this creature (without equipment)?

Editor
Dec 23, 2011 at 11:49 AM

I'll try it :D

Editor
Dec 23, 2011 at 1:40 PM

I'll give it a shot.

I would preferr doing creatures and people. I'm not too good with environments and buildings.

About the competing stuff. I figured that since Shyralon said his females look too manly, I'd give the witch a shot. did not spend a whole lot of time on it (1 hour). but I agree on distributing the ideas. 

Coordinator
Dec 23, 2011 at 1:54 PM

Thank you guys! :)

Editor
Dec 23, 2011 at 3:03 PM

Okay, then I'll focus more on enviroments (and Darress task of course :D)

I think it would be good if Darres or another storywriter/leveldesigner sometimes gives some kind of task/advises what things are needed at the moment..

Editor
Dec 23, 2011 at 3:24 PM

They need a huge tree for the test level... you could try that.

Coordinator
Dec 23, 2011 at 4:21 PM

I dont know about any huge tree in the story...

By the way, I think I should coordinate if needed.

Editor
Dec 23, 2011 at 4:56 PM
Darress wrote:

I dont know about any huge tree in the story...

Not intended for the story. was asked about it for the test level on Skype.

Coordinator
Dec 23, 2011 at 6:19 PM

Maybe that was before the story was written. I dont think they want to model things that will be not included in the story... :P

Editor
Dec 23, 2011 at 10:05 PM

Okay, here is the modelsheet for the cat guy...

Should I color it?

Editor
Dec 24, 2011 at 1:29 AM
Edited Dec 24, 2011 at 1:30 AM

Just going to tell you guys that Wolfman will be delayed because I celebrate Xmas like everyone else here. might be a few days.

Coordinator
Dec 24, 2011 at 5:59 AM

Shyralon: No, its fine, thanks! (And its actually a lynx. :P)

F4celess: Its ok, everybody is celebrating it. :)

Merry Christmas! :):):)

Coordinator
Jan 1, 2012 at 9:56 PM

I've got a question for you guys:

If all the races will be human/animal hybrids, what exactly will animals look like?

I mean it would be a little bit strange to have actual wolves and human/wolf hybrids. At least I think so.

I don't want to destroy the idea of having only (or a lot of) human/animal hybrids, I like that idea.

Whats your opinion?

Editor
Jan 1, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Hmm...maybe the hybrids are higher envolved and keep the normal animals as pets...

I finished the dragon concept I should do :D Was so much work^^

The picture is very large, sorry for that.

Coordinator
Jan 2, 2012 at 8:22 AM

Very nice work! :)

Editor
Jan 2, 2012 at 9:17 AM

Hey all.

Maybe u do not really know me but I am also helping this project with my ideas but usually those are discussed privately with Darress. I'd like to reply to Evo_Kaer's question about animals. According to my opinion we should not change their ordinari look. Except special mobs and others. My idea was that our characters became something more beacuse of an accident. As dragons used the runes something just went wrong some day and as a secondary effect some animals just evolved to the next level. Like Godzilla. :) Others lived next to high rune activity and that caused evolution. But our story writers can give you specific answers. :)

Coordinator
Jan 2, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Not a bad idea. This would explain why they are animal-like. ;) I'm curious what Evo_Kaer says.

Coordinator
Jan 2, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Nice dragon! :D

Second, our animals doesn't have to look like the ones, that are evolved. So, strange creatures would be the ones, who live in the strange mushroom forest :D Just an idea. But what Ra1n said would work pretty well too. How about different runes caused different evolution? Like there are 3-4 categories for runes, and those who evolved near elemental runes became socially open and brave humanlike creatures, and there are those who lived near dark runes, they became misfits, bandits, strange humanoids with dark souls... But its really up to Evo.

Editor
Jan 2, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Maybe there was a war between the different dragon clans, which causes, like bonyg said, these evolutions, and you are the leader of one dragon clan which is nearly destroyed during this war, that would explain why you fight against some dragons and why you have some kind of a talent for casting runes...

Editor
Jan 2, 2012 at 12:29 PM

I like the idea of the different rune effects. And the darkly infected creatures can manipulate the shadow. Can not make complete darkness but they can play with the shades. Hm?

Coordinator
Jan 2, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Edited Jan 2, 2012 at 12:47 PM

It would certeinly make a nice scene. Like a dark forest, where they hide and lurk around. There could be some fires, which keeps you safe, but once you go outside of their range, your in for a nasty battle with them. Or is this too much of a horror game? :(

Also this is more like story and gameplay, so we should discuss this further there :)

Coordinator
Jan 2, 2012 at 2:28 PM
Shyralon wrote:

Maybe there was a war between the different dragon clans, ...

There was. I'm currently working on that part (The so called Runewar, you can see the title already in the Background wiki). I'm just not fully finished yet. I'm currently at the last part and already got 2 and a half pages written, so beware for some stuff to read.

@Ra1n: About the evolution idea: I think its an interesting idea and I think there is a lot of potential in it. So if everyone likes this idea I will see what I can do with it.

Editor
Jan 2, 2012 at 3:52 PM

I support the idea of evolved animals. say, how about we make the link between the normal and evolved races visible by making the animals neutral, if not friendly towards their evolved cousins. 

I'll get started on wolfman relatively soon.

Editor
Jan 4, 2012 at 3:28 PM
Edited Jan 4, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Hey All,

Please check the so long awaited Forest wolves. :) I also added some idea to the picture. Sorrowfully the scan just faded some shades...

Coordinator
Jan 4, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Amazing! :) Can't wait for the final concept, that can be modelled.

Coordinator
Jan 4, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Wow Ra1n now thats cool. If you make a front and side view, and i get my laptop back from repair i will make a really cool modell out of this :)

Editor
Jan 4, 2012 at 9:49 PM
Ra1n wrote:

Hey All,

Please check the so long awaited Forest wolves. :) I also added some idea to the picture. Sorrowfully the scan just faded some shades...

Well, that's about 10 times better than what I can come up with. so I'll leave wolfman to you then.

On the other hand. I have a unfinished picture of some primitive housing that I made as a experiment to learn new ways of painting.

I think we should get a list of technological advancements for reference. I plan on putting a oil lamp in there for lighting but I'm not sure if it's "invented" yet in the game lore. 

Editor
Jan 4, 2012 at 10:03 PM

WoW, Face thats a pretty cool tent. I like it. :) I think this could be the witch's home. You really should finish it. The oil lamp would make a more friendly mood of the picture. So please finish it with an oil lamp. I'm curious about how u make it complete. :)

Editor
Jan 4, 2012 at 10:20 PM

I llike the forest wolves, the head is pretty cool (only the chest is a little bit too big)^^

Faceless, the tent looks good (I like the shading!), could imagine it for the wolves, we should do the whole startvillage/camp in this style :D

Coordinator
Jan 5, 2012 at 7:56 AM

F4celess thats awesome. Now i think we are headed in a pretty good direction. :D

Editor
Jan 5, 2012 at 8:03 AM

This is not really the thread for this. but I suggest modelling many different modules for buildings. so instead of having a different model for every little house. you have a  selection of parts like walls, roof sections etc. a lot more flexible and saves space for models in the total package.

Coordinator
Jan 5, 2012 at 7:41 PM
Edited Jan 5, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Dont worry F4celess that was our original plan :D

Editor
Jan 19, 2012 at 9:51 PM

A silhouette of a creature, as you guess not very friendly, might develop it more tomorrow.

Coordinator
Jan 21, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Nice, i really like it.

Editor
Jan 23, 2012 at 9:23 PM

A rat  creature. clearly not more than a normal rat with spikes and sharp teeth., it's about 70cm tall and 150cm long without the tail. considering making it able to stand and attack in a  upright stance in the concepts.

If we use my idea for elements it would be a movement type. 

Coordinator
Jan 26, 2012 at 8:15 AM
Edited Jan 26, 2012 at 8:17 AM

You can make the front and side views for modelling. Nice work.

Although you could create your arts in one of the views we need for modelling, so you dont have to work twice.

Here is the reference once more.

Editor
Jan 26, 2012 at 9:36 AM
Darress wrote:

You can make the front and side views for modelling. Nice work.

Although you could create your arts in one of the views we need for modelling, so you dont have to work twice.

Here is the reference once more.

Whenever I try to do pictures like that. I'm never happy with the results. but I'll try that.

Note that I do expect some minor creativity from the modelers. otherwise the models will look quite generic translating the concepts to the model. after all, it's just concepts.

Coordinator
Jan 26, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Note, that our modeller are not an artist primarily, but an engineer. But I'm sure we'll all do our bests.

Editor
Jan 27, 2012 at 12:25 PM

For the dragon concepts, I have some problems with the top/front view, it's really difficult and I have not soo much time at the moment...but we'll see....

Coordinator
Jan 27, 2012 at 1:06 PM

The thing is that i need those those pictures, so i can make the model with the same aspects. So the front and side view isnt really about the detail, but about how big the leg and how thick it is, whats the width of the torso... From these i can create a low poly version of the character, which can be filled with detail later on. And i am thinking about keeping these low poly models, so if something doenst looking good we dont have to start from scratch, we only need to start giving different detail to a character.

Editor
Feb 11, 2012 at 7:17 PM
Edited Feb 11, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Here are the modelsheets for the dragon... I know they are not really good, but I hope it's enaugh to model it...drawing dragons from different perspectives is really difficult...

Coordinator
Feb 13, 2012 at 9:01 AM

Haha, if its difficult for you, who have the creature in mind to draw it from another angle, then imagine me, who have to make it look good from all angles. :) Thats why i need your guys help. By the way nice job on the dragon.

Editor
Feb 13, 2012 at 10:40 AM
bonyg wrote:

Haha, if its difficult for you, who have the creature in mind to draw it from another angle, then imagine me, who have to make it look good from all angles. :) Thats why i need your guys help. By the way nice job on the dragon.

This is where you become an artist. even engineers have to be creative.

I'm trying to come up with he forest scene you requested. it takes some time since I'm a perfectionist and on top of that having more important stuff to do. I'm also trying to draw modelsheets for my other creatures and whatnot, it's all a big mess.

Editor
Feb 13, 2012 at 2:46 PM

I'm sure everyone works as good as he (or she) can... and remember the most important thing is fun :D

Coordinator
Feb 15, 2012 at 8:08 AM
Edited Feb 15, 2012 at 8:09 AM

Yep, fun is really important! :)

Coordinator
Feb 15, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Well, here is a first try. This is without textures so, imagine it way better :P And also this is without any mudbox editing, so its pretty cartoonish yet.

Dragon

Editor
Feb 16, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Looks good so far, only the wings look a bit strange...

Coordinator
Apr 15, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Hey guys. I know its been quiet for a while here, but still, here is a monster i just made. Hope you like it.

http://bonygabee.deviantart.com/#/d4wdv95

Coordinator
Apr 18, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Nice one! :)