Prototype

Coordinator
Jan 9, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Good news again. I can develop things much faster without the old collision problem. I'm getting familiar with the CE3.

The first prototype will be completed at thursday.

Planned features:

• Movement control with the PS Move
  • Melee attack if you swung the Move
  • Exploding fireball on pressing the trigger
  • You can fight against the CE3 example AI (they have guns... :P)

If you want to test, you have to have 2 PS Moves, a PS Eye and a BT dongle. It also helps if your PC is good enough to run the CryEngine.
If you have only a single PS Move (+the Eye), I can make it work too.

Please apply here if you can test!

Editor
Jan 9, 2012 at 11:53 AM

I have no control equipment to play, but I think a visual demo via a video or something would be a huge motivator for all of us. show some progress,

If possible. I could just run it to test the visuals, my PC runs games like BF BC2 and Skyrim with decent quality.

Editor
Jan 9, 2012 at 12:25 PM

unfortunately I have no Control stuff too, but it would be great if you could make a video, to show how it looks so far and what we can improve on it^^

I could test the visuals too, but I think it doesn't make much sense without the possibillity to walk arround^^maybe we could add a simple wasd control just to walk arround^^

Coordinator
Jan 9, 2012 at 4:18 PM

There are no visuals yet. :P Only a box and flat terrain.

In fact, you can test the visuals without the PS Move, you can walk around with the keyboard and the mouse, and I can map the Move buttons to the keyboard, but you cant cast runes and cant aim with the sword.

I thought about it, and it might be really useful, if the game could be played without the Move too. There will be no 1:1 physics, the runes can be drawn with the mouse... And there would be more interest! :) But for example you cannot turn with the mouse and cast a rune at the same time (what is easy with the Moves).

Ok, video coming soon! :)

Editor
Jan 9, 2012 at 5:02 PM

I'm happy with basic WASD controlls, since if the game could be played without the moves. it would expand the potential audience more than anything else.

can't wait for a video.

Coordinator
Jan 9, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Don't expect much from the video. :) I worked only on the Move control system, no graphics yet.

Yes, I had the same thing in my mind, more audience, more people helping, etc...

Editor
Jan 9, 2012 at 6:22 PM

But I think we should mainly focus on the move control , because thats what makes our game other than others...when the main movement and fighting works then we cpould add an alternate control..

Editor
Jan 9, 2012 at 6:55 PM

make WASD the gimmic, not the Move's

that is all.

Coordinator
Jan 9, 2012 at 7:09 PM

I want to focus on the Moves of course, but every function will be accessable via keyboard and mouse, however the experience will be not the same. It will be harder to control the game with keyboard and mouse, becuase it was designed for the Moves.

Editor
Jan 9, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Sounds good :D

Btw, maybe we should look for a few other people who could help us (for example texture artist, animator, more 3d modeller etc) because for such a small team it's a lot work :D

Coordinator
Jan 9, 2012 at 8:31 PM

I did what I could for getting members, but we have to show some WIP before we can get more help.

By the way, you can also try to convince talented people.

Coordinator
Jan 11, 2012 at 3:40 PM
Edited Jan 11, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Some screenshots from the proto:

picture1 picture2

Editor
Jan 11, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Looks good, even tho it looked pretty generic it still made me want to keep going.

I've been busy making avatars for a forum I'm heavily involved in, a new trend broke out and people make a lot of requests.

I'll try to get the forest housing concept finished. and a landscape picture i have sketched.

Editor
Jan 12, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Looks good for a first prototype, but it looks...I dunno...a bit cold...It has not the look of a handcrafted detailed game, more like f4celess said a bit generic, but for the start it:s good, we can improve it later..

Editor
Jan 12, 2012 at 9:36 PM
Shyralon wrote:

But I think we should mainly focus on the move control , because thats what makes our game other than others...when the main movement and fighting works then we cpould add an alternate control..

Agreed 100%

Move is making our game unique.

----

Shyralon wrote:

Shyralon wrote:

Looks good for a first prototype, but it looks...I dunno...a bit cold... It has not the look of a handcrafted detailed game, more like f4celess said a bit generic, but for the start it:s good, we can improve it later...

don't think how it looks in these stages are important.. im saying in a nice way not a mean way :) im not mean :) 

its great for a first prototype... and yeah i agree we should improve it later :)

---

Has the video been made yet? or any eta when a video will be released